Uniting Your Team with Lifestyle Focussed Corporate Wear
Do your employees come to work each day, neatly and tastefully attired in high-quality clothing, like XCO Group’s range of corporate wear or are they left to their own devices in their choice of workwear? If the latter applies, be prepared to expect the odd fashion faux pas to come your way.
Corporate Wear’s Role in Determining First Impressions
As is so often said, first impressions are those that last, and so it stands to reason that these initial impressions are powerful and, thus, enduring. Carefully-chosen corporate wear that’s appropriate for your particular corporate environment is virtually guaranteed to be the simplest, yet most ideal way to eliminate employees’ potential wardrobe woes.
Visitors to the company inadvertently form positive or negative opinions of what they observe at your premises. Consciously or sub-consciously, the visitor passes judgement on your brand and your business based on everything from the attitude to the attire of your employees and other factors.
It’s worth remembering that when people look good, they also feel great. Ensure that your employees feel great every day, appropriately and smartly attired in the latest corporate workwear styles that suit an array of specific workplace environments.
Dressed for Work
Some may still be under the impression that all corporate wear is decidedly formal. Traditional formal workwear mainly consisted of tailored suits for gents, worn with lounge shirts and ties, while ladies were expected to wear a dress or two-piece ensemble – a tailored jacket plus a matching skirt or a pair of slacks.
Thankfully, clothing fashions and trends have become more relaxed since those traditions were commonplace. All corporate gear is no longer as stiff and formal as it once was but is now geared towards the wearers’ job requirements and the surrounding environment championing quality comfort above all else.
Interesting Fact About Corporate Clothing
Several decades ago, people who worked in offices had significant status above that of blue-collar workers and labourers, as were the offices in which they worked. Therefore, they were expected to wear the garments that typified their station in life. Their workwear set them apart and this would later become known as corporate wear. Consider the historically prolific roles and uniforms of:
- Policemen – a distinctive uniform is worn when on duty in and around the police station
- Postmaster or postmen – the former may have worn a suit, collar and tie in the post office while postmen donned recognisable uniforms
- Schoolmasters or teachers – educators wore suits as historically they were considered highly educated people during an era in the past where many were illiterate
Corporate Clothing Boosts Team Spirit
Along with the changes that modern corporate wear has undergone, this type of clothing can serve as a method of uniting your team, a great advantage to business owners as well as employees.
- When employees are uniformly attired in the office, there’s no differentiation or competition to try to out-dress one another.
- Employers may struggle to encourage and foster team spirit successfully, whereas a bonded, united team is an important part of achieving goals and success. Why not boost your company’s team spirit on your next teambuilding day by donning branded golf shirts or tracksuits?
- Staff members who wear the same corporate attire may find it easier to get to know one another and feel like a cohesive unit.
- It’s also a great marketing tool as employees ‘promote’ your brand simply by wearing their workwear.
Selections and Styles
In a corporate office, dresses or suits and slacks with sports jackets may look the part, whilst in a spare parts or fast foods outlet or a sporting goods store, such formal attire would seem ill-fitting. Consequently, modern corporate wear and XCO Group’s collections include numerous styles and options from which to choose perfectly aligning with your company’s unique tone, whether it is fun and functional or timelessly elegant.
Order your Team’s Corporate Clothing Today
You and your united team will be ready and more than suitably attired in the new year, especially if you order your corporate wear soon. As a time of new beginnings, now is ideal to introduce excellent-quality, stylish and comfortable workwear for the year ahead. Get your timing spot-on by placing your order with XCO Group now.